Summer is my very favorite time of year in New England. I love the warm weather and all the fun recipes that go along with it. I was so excited when I found this one on Pinterest. First of all I love Sangria but I’ve never tried making it myself. This recipe looked easy enough for me to attempt and when I decided to have a girl’s Bachelorette Season Finale party at my house, I knew this was the one I had to make (it was pink in the picture!).
Things I learned in my process of making this recipe twice:
- It’s hard to mess up Sangria
- You can never have too much fruit
- You can never make enough. 🙂
White Strawberry Lemon Sangria, courtesy of Kitchen Treaty
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced (any kind)
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine (I used Lucky Duck Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite)
- Add lemon slices to a large pitcher. Follow with the apples, then strawberry slices.
- Pour the wine and rum over the top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 hours.
- Take out of the refrigerator and add the soda. Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass and pour sangria over to serve.
- ENJOY a glass (or two) with some friends and get outside before it’s too late to enjoy!
With yesterday being the first day of Spring, today is a roundup of some pretty spring-y things… er maybe just things that I thought looked to be for the Spring time.
Spring is definitely one of my favorite seasons. I love seeing the first bunch of tulips that seem to pop up out of no where. Or when the buds on trees suddenly burst with color. Or maybe it’s the smell in the air that gets me, of new life and growth everywhere. People’s moods seem to even brighten up!
On my way home from work yesterday, my feet were feeling so cramped in my flats and I suddenly realized sitting on the train that I can finally start wearing flip flops and sandals again! My feet will be so excited to be free finally! 🙂 We haven’t had a very bad winter (as far as winters go in Boston) but it’s been a really long time since I’ve been able to leave the house in open-toed shoes. It’ll be nice to be comfortable again. Maybe my goal for next year should be to invest in some comfortable flats that fit me right (but that are still cute of course)! I’m so happy it’s Spring time.
But on with the pictures!
1) Anthro Utensil Jar
2) Ladybug Cakes
3) Yellow Shift Dress
4) Coral Toms
5) Lamb Cupcakes
6) Turquoise Island
7) Strawberry Honey Butter
8) Glasses Case
Happy hump day, everyone!