It’s a wicked scorchah!
It reached 100 on Friday in the Boston area, so when I got home from work, I felt compelled to make some Sangria!
Sangria is such a perfect summer drink and no matter what fruity combinations you try, it’s impossible to go wrong! Here’s one of my favorites to make.
Raspberry Peach White Sangria
- Ripe peaches (I used both white flesh and the regular type for color variation)
- White wine (I used Chardonnay, but you can use anything you like!)
- Ginger Ale
To make, cut the peaches into slices and fill the bottom of a pitcher with the peaches and raspberries (I always go heavy on the fruit!). Fill the pitcher about halfway with wine (I used a little more than half a bottle), let soak 30mins to an hour in the fridge, covered.
When ready to drink, pour in the ginger ale (enough to fill pitcher or to taste). Stir and sip. Enjoy!
More Sangria Tastiness
Here’s another recipe I really like for white wine Sangria when you’re looking for something more citrus-y
And when you just want the traditional red, here’s one you should try (we modified this a bit to make it easier, and it turned out delicious!)!
All you’ll need is:
- 1 large orange, cut into round slices
- 1 lemon, cut into round slices
- Ginger ale
- 2 Buck Chuck (Trader Joe’s red wine)
For the rare times when there’s leftover fruit in the pitcher, here’s a fun treat you can endulge in…
Just top the fruit off with Vanilla ice Cream!!
What’s your go to for Sangria? Do you have any favorite combinations? Favorite recipes?
Summer is my very favorite time of year in New England. I love the warm weather and all the fun recipes that go along with it. I was so excited when I found this one on Pinterest. First of all I love Sangria but I’ve never tried making it myself. This recipe looked easy enough for me to attempt and when I decided to have a girl’s Bachelorette Season Finale party at my house, I knew this was the one I had to make (it was pink in the picture!).
Things I learned in my process of making this recipe twice:
- It’s hard to mess up Sangria
- You can never have too much fruit
- You can never make enough. 🙂
White Strawberry Lemon Sangria, courtesy of Kitchen Treaty
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced (any kind)
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine (I used Lucky Duck Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite)
- Add lemon slices to a large pitcher. Follow with the apples, then strawberry slices.
- Pour the wine and rum over the top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 hours.
- Take out of the refrigerator and add the soda. Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass and pour sangria over to serve.
- ENJOY a glass (or two) with some friends and get outside before it’s too late to enjoy!