Summer is my very favorite time of year in New England. I love the warm weather and all the fun recipes that go along with it. I was so excited when I found this one on Pinterest. First of all I love Sangria but I’ve never tried making it myself. This recipe looked easy enough for me to attempt and when I decided to have a girl’s Bachelorette Season Finale party at my house, I knew this was the one I had to make (it was pink in the picture!).
Things I learned in my process of making this recipe twice:
- It’s hard to mess up Sangria
- You can never have too much fruit
- You can never make enough. 🙂
White Strawberry Lemon Sangria, courtesy of Kitchen Treaty
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced (any kind)
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine (I used Lucky Duck Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite)
- Add lemon slices to a large pitcher. Follow with the apples, then strawberry slices.
- Pour the wine and rum over the top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 hours.
- Take out of the refrigerator and add the soda. Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass and pour sangria over to serve.
- ENJOY a glass (or two) with some friends and get outside before it’s too late to enjoy!
I cant believe its Monday again already! This morning I dragged myself out of bed earlier than usual to exercise. Usually I try to stay in bed until the last possible minute but I asked the husband last night to pull me out of bed if I resisted today. 🙂
I’ve been using the Nike Training Club app on my phone for my workouts lately and I’ve felt the difference. The “Ab Burner” left me sore for 4 days. I haven’t been doing very good lately working out 2-3 times a week which was my goal, but I figured today would be a great day to try to start that habit up again.
After the “ab burner” 15-min. workout complete with Regina Spektor and Glee music, I got the “Drill Seeker” Badge which rewarded me with some tasty smoothie recipes!
I love smoothies. Normally I’d just grab a cup of coffee and run to my train but after working up a little sweat, a smoothie sounded a lot healthier! We have had a big bag of frozen berries in our freezer and we had a banana that was too ripe for me to eat by itself so I got out the blender and started dumping things in.
For my “Berry-nana Smoothie,” I combined:
- A big handful of mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
- Half a banana
- 2-3 tablespoons yogurt (I only had vanilla in my fridge, which was perfect)
- A cup or so of apple juice (depending how thick you like your smoothies)
Note: Nike’s recipe called for Muesli and mango but I didn’t have any of either.
How do you begin your day and get energized? Any favorite healthy breakfasts you recommend?