Summer is my very favorite time of year in New England. I love the warm weather and all the fun recipes that go along with it. I was so excited when I found this one on Pinterest. First of all I love Sangria but I’ve never tried making it myself. This recipe looked easy enough for me to attempt and when I decided to have a girl’s Bachelorette Season Finale party at my house, I knew this was the one I had to make (it was pink in the picture!).
Things I learned in my process of making this recipe twice:
- It’s hard to mess up Sangria
- You can never have too much fruit
- You can never make enough.
White Strawberry Lemon Sangria, courtesy of Kitchen Treaty
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced (any kind)
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 750 ml bottle white wine (I used Lucky Duck Chardonnay)
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 4 cups lemon-lime soda (I used Sprite)
- Add lemon slices to a large pitcher. Follow with the apples, then strawberry slices.
- Pour the wine and rum over the top.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 – 5 hours.
- Take out of the refrigerator and add the soda. Add a few pieces of the fruit to your glass and pour sangria over to serve.
- ENJOY a glass (or two) with some friends and get outside before it’s too late to enjoy!